Stroopwafel Cup Cakes
Lovely moist Cup Cakes that have a gorgeous cinnamon flavour and little surprise pieces of Stroopwafel inside.
1 1/3 cups plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
¼ tsp salt
1 ½ tsp cinnamon
½ cup milk
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
115g unsalted butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
10 “ScreamingWaffles” Stroopwafels
Preheat oven to 180 degrees, NO fan.
Line muffin tin with liners
- Cut out heart shapes from Stroopwafels and cut remainder into small pieces to add to your batter later. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt and cinnamon.
- Mix milk and vanilla in a separate cup.
- Cream butter until soft and fluffy, then add sugar and continue beating until well combined.
- Add eggs one at a time and continue beating till light and fluffy.
- Using spatula, fold through flour mixture alternating with milk mixture starting with flour and ending with flour. Carful not to overmix.
- Use spatula to fold in Stroopwafel pieces into batter. Fill muffin liners ¾ full and bake 18-20 minutes. Watch them so they don’t overbake otherwise they will be dry.
- Let sit for 5 minutes before placing on a wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, frost and decorate. Pipe cream cheese frosting on the top then poke in heart Stroopwafel and decorate with edible pearls. (optional)
CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
100g Unsalted butter
200g Cream Cheese
1 tsp. Cinnamon
1 cup Icing sugar, sifted
Cream butter for 2 minutes on Med. Speed. Add cream cheese and beat until combined. Add cinnamon and icing sugar and keep beating on high until thick and creamy.
Enjoy! OR as the Dutch say Eet Smakelijk!!